202+ Super-Duper Resources to Help Build Your First Product
In this carefully-curated collection, you'll receive information about all the tools and resources (but none of the guidance) you need to help build your first product.
Get Free PDF Now
↑ Available as a FREE pdf, for your reading pleasure
For expert guidance, you'll have to read the book ;-)
Most of these tools are free unless indicated otherwise.
Absolute favorites are denoted by a fire icon: 🔥
This list grew so long I had to put each section of a section on its own page:
Name and Build Your Site
Master Email Marketing
Use Graphics to Improve Products and Content
Name Your Price, Collect Your Money
- Pricing — How to set a price? 3 resources that give you the complete picture
- Payment Processing — 2 or 3 ideal payment processors
Support and Reliability
- Analytics — 4 ways to track and visualize metrics about your visitors
- Help/support system — 11 tools to use as a helpdesk, project management system, todo tracker, customer satisfaction checker and so on
- Screen share — Screenshare with your customers using either of these 2 tools
- Site Reliability — 8 tools covering: up time, link rot, DNS check, virus checks and speed, woah
- Forum and community — 2 ways to provide forum and chat facilities
Serious Business: Accounting and Legal
- Accounting — 2 ways to cook your books, one free, one effective
- Legal Stuff — A guide to the documents, and some great examples, in these 4 links
- Other Business Tools — Business model canvas and dasheroo dashboard, 2 useful business tools
Okay, that's the whole list... for now! I'm constantly revising it, adding more and taking things away.
Hey, hey. If you were to tweet about it and share the love, that would certainly be appreciated...
My book "Choose Your First Product" is available now.
It gives you 4 easy steps to find and validate a humble product idea.